Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0008102
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Urology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatric Urologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic track.
- Duties include engagement in clinical and/or basic science research, patient care in pediatric urology, and certain administrative duties.
- This position will include clinical duties working at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital as well as having an outpatient clinical practice.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows as well as a dedicated team of advance practice providers and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- As an educator, the applicant should have the ability to attract students and residents to the field of urology/pediatric urology, including those from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in surgery.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher, and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and champion an academic environment.
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Urology
About the Division:
Physicians and nurse practitioners in pediatric urology offer expertise in a wide range of health concerns, from the most common conditions like bed-wetting and urinary tract infections, to more serious and complex issues including congenital malformations. The conditions can arise in infants as well as older children, and our physicians even provide in-utero treatment for babies before they are born. Our urology team has special expertise in hypospadias, urinary obstruction, urine reflux, renal stone and voiding dysfunction. The team also partners with the only multidisciplinary center in the region that provides comprehensive care for children with disorders of sexual differentiation.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Urology residency and Pediatric Urology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Pediatric Urology.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Successful candidates will have strong surgical skills and be sensitive to the needs of patients from a diverse set of backgrounds.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement. #UMP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privilege of employment.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.